Sunday, January 24, 2010

My NEW bookshelf



I found this "entertainment center" on Craigslist for $60. I sanded and stained it dark and had a friend cut 4 more shelves for it and VOILA! ...A new bookcase!

I desperately need it with my library growth. My bookshelves were overflowing and books were all over the place. It seemed that everywhere I stepped, there was a book. This shelf even has empty spots with room for more books!!! SSHHH.....Don't tell Brian that!

Hannah and I just finished reading the original Bambi ( not Disney) and it was great. She loved it. The personification of the animals was portrayed beautifully in this piece of literature.

We are now reading Howard Pyle's Wonderclock ( A collection of short stories)


I found this rare and beautiful set with all his wonderful illustrations such as:

           

Some of his other books include:

  • The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood
  • Men of Iron
  • Otto of the Silver Hand
  • The Story of King Arthur and His Knights (my personal favorite)

No comments: